Why Lencore Has Measurably Better Sound Quality: Technically Superior + Voted Most Comfortable Sound
Any manufacturer can say its sound masking system is better. Lencore proves it on the two most important measures: how well it creates and maintains speech privacy and how it sounds (so comfortable, you don't know it's there).
- Better Speech Privacy
- This is, after all, why you want a masking system in the first place. Because Lencore puts more than 30 years of engineering behind its sound (our first system was built in the early 1970s), you're assured of a quality system that accurately maintains speech privacy levels throughout your space. The Lencore system's digital sound is generated with a CMOS-programmed micro-controller integrated circuit; this sound has been shown to meet and exceed ASTM standards for speech privacy and sound uniformity. Plus, your system is rigorously tested before it leaves the factory.
- Lencore systems provide point-by-point technical advantages in tuning, control and coverage
- Lencore systems give you both individualized and central control of speakers. On-site, central control is available via Programmable Timers or at the Central Volume Control Unit. Systems with only central control features can be changed at the control panel, which is retained by the system manufacturer away from the sound masking system. There are many other important differences between Lencore and these central systems.
- Lencore systems ensure sound uniformity with no "sound drift" that requires re-tuning.
Most other masking systems need to be attended to regularly and maintained annually to keep their sound from degrading over time.
- Lencore's unmatched sound tolerances are tighter than every system on the market. Systems are tunable to +/- ½ decibels (dBs), compared to the +/- 3.0 to 5.0 dBs of other systems. A potential 3.0 dB variance opens a wide window of 6.0 dB, causing hot spots (sound masking is too loud and intrusive) and cold spots (sound masking is too low and speech will not be masked). Because Spectra systems can be so finely tuned, you can be confident in uniform, comfortable speech privacy.
- One size doesn't fit all. Truth be told, most offices have multiple distinct sound signatures (think reception area vs. a call center) Unlike the competition, the Spectra system¹s sound masking levels can be customized to areas as small as 225 sq. ft. Most other systems mask in half- or full-floor zones. For example, central systems often use only one or two equalizers to shape the sound masking for an entire floor. This severely limits the ability to tune the sound to the needs of smaller areas. The same limitation applies to the main volume control of central systems.
- Lencore systems treat, cover and tune 100% of your space, versus some systems that can only tune to approximately 80% of your space compromising your comfort and quality.
Lencore's commitment to engineering results in one thing: your client and the people using the space get truly uniform speech privacy.
- Better, More Comfortable Sound
- Lencore systems are chosen as the preferred sound 99% of the time when evaluated side by side with other sound masking systems. Some systems produce nothing other than white noise. Try tuning your radio to the static between stations (a fair representation of white noise) and see how long you can stand listening to it.
- Make no mistake: Sound quality is just as important as speech privacy! And the differences in sound quality between sound masking systems are real. A jet engine installed in your office will give you total speech privacy—especially since, after about two minutes, no one will be left to hear you scream.
- The bottom line is: hearing is everything. Don't risk installing a masking system with the wrong sound or worse. When comparing systems, be sure to listen to each of them. Better yet, ask for a demonstration in your current space.
- What Else Makes Lencore Better?sound
- Lencore offers speech privacy, acoustical comfort, increased productivity and greater efficiency. Lencore systems require no on-going maintenance and have a 20+ year life expectancy.
- All masking/paging units are UL Listed for air-handling space
- The temporal and spatial uniformity of Lencore's Spectra Sound Masking is unmatched in the industry and proven to meet ASTM standards for speech privacy.
- Lencore products are manufactured in the US with high levels of recycled content and within strict environmental guidelines.
- SPEC™ (Sound and Privacy Evaluation and Criteria), Lencore's diagnostic software, documents the improvements in speech privacy levels.
- Award-Winning Energy Savings: Lencore's Sound Masking Systems are low voltage and energy efficient.
- Get Your Payoff: Rapid ROI, Productivity Increases
- An investment in speech privacy is a smart investment. A sound masking system will pay for itself in less than one year. In fact, the systems can cost far less than other solutions for absorbing or blocking sound, such as slab-to-slab construction or adding insulation above ceiling tiles.
Productivity increases are proven in workspaces with sound masking systems. Studies show productivity increases of 3 to 20 percent*1 per employee – putting an immediate return on the bottom line. Figure the construction and productivity returns you can realize with sound masking using Lencore's Cost Benefit Matrix or ROI Calculator.
Why does productivity improve? Because having speech privacy means people can focus on their work. (One study showed that poor acoustics increased errors made by data entry staff by 27 percent*2).
- Consider this everyday example of why we all need good acoustics:
- What happens when you’re driving, and are lost or need directions?
- You feel stressed and you need to concentrate.
- What’s the first thing most people do?
- Turn the radio down – or off – to eliminate the distraction!
Without sound masking and proper acoustics, employees in any work environment can get similarly “lost,” especially when working on a new or unfamiliar task (we can all drive with the radio blaring when we know the route). It makes sense that controlling noise enables people to think more quickly and clearly!
Realize ROI and enhanced productivity when you install a Lencore sound masking system. Contact us for an evaluation or estimate today.
*1 According to numerous independent test results.
*2 Data Entry Management Association.
- Need More Good Reasons to Plan Your Acoustics Carefully?
- Open plan offices are the norm. Every employee working in them would appreciate — and benefit from — having speech privacy.
- We all have less space, which means less speech privacy. The drive to reduce real estate costs often results in less square footage per employee and increased numbers of people in one space.
- It's noisy out there. Noise is the number-one problem in today's workspaces, according to numerous independent studies.
- On average, people spend one fourth of their workday in noise-generating activities. One person in a standard open plan setting can distract as many as eight people — even more in a call center environment